1.27.2008

Metronome.mp3

I've been meaning to buy an electronic metronome to help me practice my guitar licks and exercises. But a couple days ago, there was this feature in the news about how people were using the iPod (or portable mp3 players) beyond its normal function. One of the interviewed person was a violinist in an orchestra, and she turned her iPod into a metronome by loading it with metronome mp3s. An mp3 player and a metronome...that's genius. So I immediately "borrowed" the idea and searched for metronome mp3s on the net. Didn't take me that long and found this site, www.reztronics.com, that hosts metronome mp3 (25 beats from 80 to 200 bps). Now, I have my own portable metronome. Not only this has save me $20, it also brought new flame to practicing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for posting that website. I just downloaded the mp3 metronome to my iPod for practicing my bagpipes. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

thanks a bunch dude; I was looking for files like this to practice with my drumset; excellent!

Epicons. said...

like others.. thx man!

Determinist said...

That is very cool, but the one I wanted, the 90 bpm, is missing about the last third of the beeps. :(

I am using it for a tempo while running, and not for music at all - yet another alternate use I guess. :)

I have searched for a replacement, but nothing that is free so far.

He said...

dude its really great, but its short and i used to practice with my band, and some of our songs are longer that the actuall metronme track. you think you can help me out with that one?

amokat said...

Thanks for the link!!! I am going to use my iPod as a metro for drums and maybe use it in GUITAR CENTER DRUM-OFF comp I am entering!!!- peace

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link!!!