4.15.2007

The Bad Luck ZEN

I finally decided that Creative ZEN Vision:M would be the perfect mp3 player for me. So last Friday (April 13 2007) I purchased "it" at a Best Buy store, and went home immediately to try "it". But things don't always go the way you want them to be, and bad luck does occur on "Friday the 13th". In my case of bad luck, I got a damaged ZEN.

Specifically, the problem was with the battery, it won't charge at all. At first, I tried to charge the player using a powered USB hub of my PC. I got everything from the blinking LED light and the LCD screen with a flashing lightning logo. The manual said that charging would take 5-6 hours. But after 8 hours of charging the player was still powerless. So I tried charging the thing on a wall outlet using a power adapter, which I bought separately. But 5, 8, 12 hours later I still couldn't get it to work.

So I went down to Best Buy, again, this afternoon to get a replacement of my item. Unfortunately, for me, they're out of stock until next Thursday. Since I have work that day, I can't get a replacement until Friday. This is really disappointing.

0 comments: