4.11.2006

Graphics Upgrade

I already missed The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion because my Radeon 9800 PRO died on me a month ago. But that's fine by me, I can miss Oblivion. But Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 2 is coming out next week and I found out that it demands the same high requirements as Oblivion. Knowing that I can't play Dreamfall because of my system makes me uneasy...and maybe a bit depressed. That's why this morning I tried to look for a mid-enda and mid-priced, AGP graphics card suitable for gaming.

Right now I had my eye on the Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO. The price is right for an excellent graduation gift ($299, there goes my iPod). But I haven't throughly researched about it. Some of the benchmark testing seems to satisfy me but it was compared with other ATI cards, such as X700 and X1300, which are inferior. I have yet to see it on a benchmark test with nVidia cards such as the 6600 GT to fully convince me.

0 comments: