5.07.2007

Aural Candy

Now that I have my ZEN, I think it's time to furnish it with accessories. The first thing I need to do is replace the ear-buds that came with the player. Seriously, the white ear-bud is like a beacon to muggers that screams: "I have an mp3 player". I don't want that kind of attention while riding the train, especially if I'm going to the south-side of the city. Plus, I find ear-buds very uncomfortable. So I've been browsing around for some headphones, with prices no more than $100. But currently, I'm torn between the Shure E2c and the Sennheiser HD-280.

Shure E2c
I've read the reviews of this product and most were positive. I'm sure these babies will deliver sterling sounds. They're also small. So there's a lesser chance of me getting mugged. However, these are canalphones. I haven't tried it but a lot of people find them uncomfortable.



Sennheiser HD-280

I had a demo of this product some years ago, and it did blow my mind away. The headphones also costs almost $400 back then. Now, I can get it for $100 at Dell. Since it's an on-ear headphone, I'd be more comfortable with it. The only problem is: it's big and flashy.


So there, I haven't decided which headphone to purchase. Should I go with the stealthier and much more uncomfortable Shure E2c? Or should I choose the comfort of the Sennheiser HD-280 but risk myself of being mugged?

0 comments: