11.15.2009

The Playlist #1

I just realized that I don't write a lot about music in this blog. That's bad for a music aficionado, I think. I do feature two new albums/artists and write a review each month. But I don't think that's enough. So I've decided to post a weekly playlist every Sunday. The playlist will consist of 7 songs that are either new releases, songs that I really like, or just inspired by daily events. Each song will also include boring commentaries from me.

So without further ado, this week's playlist (actually, this was inspired by last week's events):

"Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine

Last Sunday, I found an article -entitled "Balls On Parade"- about Tom Morello working as a stripper before becoming the guitar genius behind Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave. His revelation shocked me a bit. He's honest, at least, and still one of the best guitarist around. I wonder if he dances to his own tunes?

"Janie's Got a Gun" by Aerosmith
Aerosmith just can't stay away from the news lately. Especially their vocalist, Steven Tyler. Last August, he fell off the stage and landed into a hospital. Then, last Monday, he announced that he's quitting Aerosmith to go solo. I'm not a big fan of the band though. So I don't really care if they disband. Although I do like a couple of their songs, and this is one of them.

"About A Girl" by Nirvana
I bought the 20th Anniversary reissue of Nirvana's Bleach, last Tuesday. I just couldn't believe that the band is that old, that it's been that long already. It felt like I just bought one of their albums yesterday, still wearing my high school uniform and learning how to play the guitar. Time flies, indeed. Anyways, Bleach is the only Nirvana album that I don't have. So it's a good addition to my collection.

"Big Me" by Foo Fighters
I also bought Foo Fighters: Greatest Hits last week. I'm not a big fan of the Foo but I do like a lot of their singles. So I thought I'd get this album. The funny thing is, however, I only listen to "Big Me". It's nostalgia, I suppose. Because, like "About A Girl", this is also one of the first songs I learned how to play on the guitar.

"Born to Raise Hell" by Motorhead
Last Thursday, we had an elderly patient that looks a lot like Lemmy Kilmister, vocalist of Motorhead. He had mutton chops, long graying hair, and around the age of 50's. I wanted to ask him if he knows Motorhead. But the guy was a crab. So I decided against asking him and kept my mouth shut the entire procedure. I didn't wan't to give him the opportunity to raise some hell.

"Have A Drink On Me" by AC/DC
All I've been doing this past 2 weeks is work. I worked 5 days straight, a day off, and another 6 days straight. Some days are 12 hour shifts too. So I was very happy to finally get a 4 days off. So happy, in fact, that I actually went out to drink with my co-workers last Friday.

"Way of the Fist" by Five Finger Death Punch
Honestly, I don't like this song. But it serendipitously came up while I was listening on my iTunes yesterday. Then I remembered that Manny Pacquiao had a match against Miguel Cotto that night. So I called some of my friends to see who's hosting a party, who has the biggest TV and who's getting the Pay-Per-View. Unfortunately, most of them were. So I had a hard time deciding which party to go to. In the end, I stayed home and played Dragon Age: Origins.

Well, that's it for The Playlist #1. I do hope you guys enjoy my picks. But I really need a better way to post audio streams. Because imeem doesn't allow full streaming sometimes. You guys have a better idea?

0 comments: