2.22.2006

D&D'ing with the Stars

Red Eye, a free newspaper, affiliated with The Chicago Tribune, had an article, on today’s edition, about celebrities who plays Dungeons & Dragons. Amongst them were Gerard Way (of My Chemical Romance), Rivers Cuomo (of Weezer), Matt Groening (creator of The Simpsons and Futurama), and Vin Diesel. Oddly enough, the article is under the “Pop Culture” column. Ok, so maybe Dungeons & Dragons was more popular than I thought. But now, in the world of online gaming, I think the percentage of people who plays table-top RPG is way down compared during the early and pre-internet eras.


Speaking of online gaming and Dungeons & Dragons, Stormreach, the first Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG, comes out next week. I dislike MMORPGs. I don’t like: the monthly fee, the internet bullies, and, mainly, the people who don’t role-play. But Stormreach is a different story. Is it maybe because I’m hoping, too much, that the D&D veterans will finally come out and beat the crap out of the “Dude” speaking players?

0 comments: