3.04.2006

Borders Rewards

Today, I joined the Borders Rewards program. The benefits are not as good as Best Buy's Reward Zone but it's free. Program benefits includes:

  • 5% of what you spend in the store goes into your redeemable Holiday Savings Account.
  • Member exclusive discounts and offers.
  • 10% off on all your purchase for one day if you spend $50 in a month.

Upon signing, I also activated a 25% off discount for new members. So I got myself two books: The Art of War: The Denma Translation and The 47 Ronin Story.

The Art of War: The Denma Translation

I've read the first edition of Sun Tzu's Art of War. But, to no avail, never fully understood it. The Denma Translation, however, includes commentaries and essays that will, hopefully, help me to understand this book.






The 47 Ronin Story


When I read The Fifth Profession, there was an introduction about the nature of ronins, or the masterless samurais. The book also contained a short story of the 47 ronin. I was intrigued with their story ever since. Now, I found a book about them, and bought it.

0 comments: