12.08.2006

Silverfall

I found a couple of screenshot previews of an upcoming RPG, entitled Silverfall, over at RPGdot. I wasn't initially impressed with the screenshot since the graphics looks a lot like Dungeon Siege II. In addition to that, I don't know much about the developer, Monte Cristo Games (7 Sins), and the publisher is also Atari (Unknown Developer + Atari = bug plagued game). After the lack of support for Neverwinter Nights 2, I think I'll stay away from anything that Atari published for a while.

Still, I'm a sucker for an underrated game made by an unknown developer. So I went to the official website to check out the game and the elven redhead covergirl, sporting a medieval tanktop and a cleavage, grabbed my attention instantaenously. I read about the game a bit more, then stumbled upon this interesting feature:

"Two separate skill trees each provide 10 special talents (lycanthropy or implant, insect invocations or radioactivity...)."


A game with a "Science vs. Nature" theme, interesting indeed. Reminds me a lot of the game Arcanum, an RPG with a "Technology vs. Magick" theme. Notice that they also mentioned the keyword, which is "radioactivity". Anybody who manages, or even tries, to blend my two favorite things together, which is RPG and radioactivity, then they'll have my buck.

0 comments: