1.08.2007

Games for 2007

Last year was a good PC gaming year. I've played plenty of great games like Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dreamfall, all of which from genres that I love. But this year is going to be even better. With Windows Vista, a new Microsoft OS, on its way to the market, I'm sure PC gaming will blossom. Unfortunately, I'm still going to limit myself with the games. But here are the ones that I'll definitely have (in particular order).

Jade Empire: Special Edition

This far eastern and martial arts inspired RPG is one of the most highest ranked games in XBOX. It will do so, again, in the PC. I'm just ecstatic BioWare decided to share this XBOX game to us PC gamers. It's been four years since their last game, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Dragon Age

BioWare's latest RPG epic exclusive to the PC. Not much information has been released about this game, so I know little. But BioWare hasn't failed me before and I still have faith in them as one of the best PC RPG developers.

The Witcher

The Witcher is based from a popular book in Poland. So I know this game is gonna rock my socks off. Plus, its fantasy setting is filled with plenty of grit and grime for mature gamers like me. Its original release date was actually summer 2006 but they delayed it, unfortunately. However, since the release was pushed back, I assume that the developers had more time to polish this promising game.

Disciples III: Renaissance

I'm a big fan of turn-based strategy games, and the Disciples franchise is my favorite game in this genre. So its return is a very welcome news to me.

Hellgate: London

Hellgate: London is a RPG/FPS game from ex-Blizzard guys, developers of Diablo. So I have little doubts about this game. In addition, the ex-Blizzard guys can't seem to get away from their demons, this game is set in a biblical post-apocalyptic world where you can shoot demonic creatures with a holy, sawed-off shotgun.

0 comments: