11.15.2007

Album Review: In Defense of the Genre

Say Anything - In Defense of the Genre
8.3 of 10





I know nothing of Say Anything, and their music, before. But when I saw their new album at FYE, yesterday, I got curious. It's only because I've never heard of an emo band releasing a double disc CD. To my surprise, this album is fun. While the title of the album says In Defense of the Genre (I'm assuming emo or pop punk) it has done nothing to defend it but rather elevate it to new heights. The band has slightly incorporated other genre, such as electronica and even show tunes, into their music. "No Soul" (my favorite track), in particular, is your regular poppy punk song but with drops of synths and beats that makes it so interesting. I'd recommend this to everyone who loves emo.

0 comments: