11.26.2007

First Impressions: The Witcher

I've been waiting for this game called The Witcher ever since I heard about its development back in 2005. Now that I have it installed, and currently enjoying it, in my PC...all I can say is that I'm very pleased with this game. All that was said about it -during developer interviews and the previews- were all true, no hype at all. It's a gritty and grey world without moral compass but full of choices and consequences. That's real RPG goodness right there.

Geralt, the newest anti-here in town.

As for running the game, I never experimented with the setting since I was in a hurry to play. I only followed the recommended setting for my system, which can be found in the "ReadMe" file, and adjusted everything to medium and set the resolution to 1024 x 768. I also removed the grass effect and pumped the AA and AF into 2x. With this setting I achieved an average of 20 FPS outdoors and 35 FPS indoors. The loading times can be quite long too. Although the wait is not much of a promblem for me since this game is awesome.

0 comments: