11.24.2007

Fade to Black Friday

Here's what I got yesterday.

So it was the Black Friday, or after Thanksgiving Sale, yesterday. The very peak of holiday consumerism where stores open as early as 5 a.m. in the morning and give huge discounts on various merchandises. I went to Best Buy a little bit late (6 a.m.), as I intended, to avoid standing on the line, outside the cold, in order to get in to the store. Unfortunately, the line was still a bit long when I got there. So I, nevertheless, stood outside the cold for more than 10 minutes. When I got in, it was chaotic, but I was able to get all of my stuff (see this post for my list) right away and quickly left the store.

I was really glad that I got everything I need (and want)...and then some more. The Orange Box and BioShock I got for half the original price (which was $50), The WD Passport Hard Drive for only $70 (original price was $155), and 2 SanDisk Clip mp3 players for $35 each (original price was $60). Though I bought The Witcher and World in Conflict without discounts but that's fine since I've set some money aside for those games. I also got myself a Columbia jacket, because my current winter jacket is going to fall to pieces, for $145 (original was $230).

All in all, I was able to save more than $200 for everything. Now I have gifts to give and gifts for myself.

0 comments: