4.11.2009

Springing Forward

My request for a week vacation in May have been finally approved. I'm not going anywhere though because I'm saving money for upcoming summer events, a 3rd gen iPod Touch or Zune and an Android G2 Phone. Instead, I'll spend my vacation time doing some home improvement and spring cleaning.

So here's my to do list and schedule:

  • Day 1 - Assemble Garden Set
My Mom bought a garden set last month. But since the set comes with a tiled-top table, we can't put it out because it still rains a lot, and even snows sometimes. It's not a hard thing to do. It'll probably take me half a day to do it.
  • Day 2 and 3 - Fence Painting
It's been only a year since we put up our backyard fence but it really looks shitty now. So I'm planning to paint it. I've been looking at some tools that'll help me do it faster. But, unfortunately, since I'm out of dough, I've decided to do it manually. Nothing keeps you humble like manual labor.
  • Day 4 - Computer Clean-up
Every spring time, I always clean the innards of my computer and free it from dust bunnies. I've missed to clean mine last year so it's probably going to be a handful. Plus, I also got two computers now.
  • Day 5 - Shelving
I've been meaning to put some shelves in our garage, basement and my room for organizing things. But I never got around it. I'm not sure yet if I'm going with a shelf case or just mount some boards into the wall. The former would be more expensive but the latter option will be a time sucker.
  • Day 6 - Improve Wireless Connection
My wireless connection have been terrible from when we moved in this new house. It's because my PC is at end of wall while my router is at the other end. So I'm going to extend the cable and put my router at the middle of the house. I'm also looking at Wireless Repeaters. They're more expensive but it'll save me from the hassle of "wiring".
  • Day 7 - Kick Back
Probably finish a game or a book.
Knowing myself, however, I'd probably finish about only a half of these things. If not for my Mom asking me to do the fence or the garden set, I'd probably won't do it either. Yes, I'm that lazy.
Similar Posts:
Re-Organization
Twitching Eye

0 comments: