3.05.2008

Death of a Pioneer

I just found out last week that a 4th edition of Dungeons & Dragons will be coming out this summer. Of course, that got me thinking and excited about the numerous PC RPGs that'll be utilizing the new rule set. So last night, at work, I started to browse around for some information in regards to the newest edition. But, sadly, all of my search results are about the death of Gary Gygax, co-creator/developer of D&D.

I don't know anything about the guy except that he created D&D back in 1974. Though that, I think, is all you need to know about him. Without him, there might not have been a Revenge of the Nerds, E.T. might have ended differently, and all computer games that we're playing today would only be Madden or NBA Live. But most importantly, gaming wouldn't exist in my life (and there'll only be 138 posts in my blog), making me a half of a person that I am now (which is really sad because I'm not that much).

So with that said. Rest in peace, Gary Gygax. You're legacy continues and is without no end.

0 comments: