11.09.2008

Indie RPG Round Up

I haven't played a lot of indie RPGs. But not because I don't enjoy them. Games like Geneforge and Avernum has occupied my time, especially back when CRPG was having a dry spell. It's just that, right now, I don't have much time to play them with all the good games coming out. But after Tales of the Rampant Coyote, a blog about indie games, posted an indie RPG round up I think I'm going to try some of the games when the "holiday games rush" die down. Anyways, here are the games I'm looking forward to play:

Age of Decadence
By Iron Tower Studio
I've followed the development of Age of Decadence for some time before but lost track of it. The main reason that drew me into this game is its unique world, which an alternate history and post-apocalyptic setting inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. Like most indie RPG, this one too pays homage to the traditional style with tons of skill based dialogues and a turn-based combat system. Unfortunately, this title is not out yet and I don't know when will be the release date.

Cyclopean
By Iron Tower Studio
Iron Tower Studio is becoming a force in indie RPG development. While they're still finishing up with their ambitious title, Age of Decadence. They've announced yet another interesting game in development, Cyclopean. Not much is known about this title yet, because it's still in its initial development stage, except that it's based on H.P. Lovecraft's stories and mythos. That, as a fan of Lovecraftian Horror, I think, is enough for me.

Mount & Blade
by Tale Worlds Entertainment
Horses in Mount & Blade really piqued my interest. Horses are a big part of the fantasy/medieval world. Yet not a lot of RPG has horse combats. Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion have horses, but they're easy prey during combat. Sacred also have horses, and you can trample your enemies with it, but nothing more. Mount & Blade, howerver, the mounted horse battles is just astounding. This game has already been out, and you can download or buy the game at the website.

Hopefully, I'll have some time next year to play these games. But for the rest of you out there, if you want some cheap and fun RPGs or if you can't play new games because of a low-end PC, check out these games and tell me if you like them.

Similar Posts:
Let the games begin! (Extended Version)
Let the games begin!
Old and Indie

0 comments: