9.21.2008

Let the games begin! (Extended Version)

IGN PC has just released a list of upcoming games this fall -the Holiday Games Rush. Apparently, I've missed to write down a couple of good games on my initial list. So here's a quick update to my list.

September

Civilization IV: Colonization
I've been a big fan of Sid Meier's games ever since I've played Civilization II. But, sadly, I haven't played a lot of his earlier games. So it is fortuitous that Sid and the people at Firaxis studio are remaking some of their older games. First, it was Pirates!. Now, it's Colonization. Using a heavily modified Civilization IV engine, Firaxis finally brought back this strategy game. So some of us who missed this classic can now enjoy and experience conquering the New world.

October

Rise of the Argonauts
This Greek mythology-themed action RPG is from Liquid Entertainment, developers of Battle Realms. Honestly, I'm not that much into action RPGs. But my interest was piqued after I saw some of its features in the gameplay trailers. The player's connection with the Gods, especially, seems awesome to me. Gods are everything here, they dictate everything from experience points, skills, the dialogue and the story. Definitely a new concept, and it's worth trying it out.

November

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
I know a lot of people whine about how bad Neverwinter Nights 2 is. But, as a D&D veteran turned PC gamer, I loved it. Especially the expansion, Mask of the Betrayer. I loved it because I like making different character builds. So when Obsidian announced that you can create a party of characters instead of just one in Storm of Zehir, I was flabbergasted. Now I'd finally have the chance to play both my Black Bard and Dragon Knight builds in just one run.

December

Mirror's Edge
I love and hate platforming and chase games in general. Love because they make me feel alive. Hate because they make me sick and frustrated. That's why I'm getting Mirror's Edge, a first-person action-adventure game from DICE, developers of Battlefield. I knew nothing about the game. But I was left excited and nauseated after I saw the hands-on video of this game at IGN's website. In addition, this game is set in a dystopian feature too.

These are the games that I've added to my first list. A new PC will definitely happen this year. So I won't be having trouble running these games. I just hope that, with the new PC and the economy, I still have enough money left to buy these games.

Similar Posts:
My Top 10 PC Games
Let the games begin!
Party in the Storm
Games for 2008

0 comments: