11.12.2008

Featured Band: The Samuel Jackson Five

Nowadays, my search would always end up with a post-rock band every time I try to find new artists to listen to. It must be the genre's gloomy, but relaxing, sound scape that appeals a lot to my boring self. But when The Samuel Jackson Five came up on my search results, I quickly clicked on their link. Excitedly, because of the band's name, I thought The Samuel Jakcson Five was a comedy band much like Tenancious D or Flight of the Conchords. It would be a welcome respite to listen to such a band, amidst my "noisy" and "loud" rotation. But I was wrong. The Samuel Jackson Five is another post-rock band.

The Samuel Jackson Five.

However, I'm not disappointed with my find. Yes, my mp3 player is crowded with the new album of Mogwai and the Russian Circles, and music from other post-metal/post-rock bands. Yes, I was getting sick of listening to them all. But when I heard The Samuel Jackson Five, I fell in love with the genre all over again. Their sound scapes is just amazing, sophisticated. If you head to their MySpace page, I suggest you listen to their song "Goodbye Melody Mountain". The song is an aural candy that'll bring you joy.

Similar Posts:
Featured Band: Tera Melos
Featured Band: Laymar
Featured Band: One Day As A Lion
Featured Band: Quitzow

1 comments:

lucas said...

visited their myspace...they really sound good :)