1.10.2010

The Playlist #7

I've been actively blog hopping for almost two years now, leaving my ink and opinion on other blogs. For all these years, I found a few personal blogs that are a kin to mine, even though they're just a few. Most of them are about books, and a couple of them have geeky touches and talk about gaming or comics from time to time. But, for some reason, I haven't stumbled upon a blog that shares my love for metal, or even hard rock.

So I think I'm going to coax all metalheads and "rakistang bloggers" out of the woodwork by making a metal playlist.

"Blood and Thunder" by Mastodon







They're one of the best metal bands that came out in the last decade, hands down. Their 2005 album, Leviathan, is also one of my favorite albums of all time.

"Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold







I'm not really a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold. But I did love their 2005 album, City of Evil. Too bad that their awesome drummer, The Rev, died at an early age, last year, on December 28.

"Iron Man" by Black Sabbath







I saw the trailer of Iron Man 2 earlier this week. It was kick-ass. But I'm pretty sure that this Black Sabbath song was a contributing factor to the trailer's kick-assery.

"Black Bubblegum" by The Dillinger Escape Plan







In order to fill the void in me, which was caused by the discovery of a new DEP album coming out this year, I started to listen to all of DEP's older material. Waiting sucks.

"Cemetary Gates" by Pantera







This is one of the many songs that actually inspired me to pick up a guitar and learn to play it. But I never learned to play this song. Dimebag's solo was too much for me.

"So Did We" by Isis







One of the first songs I heard from Isis. However, I didn't like it back then. I wasn't that much into post-metal yet. It wasn't until 2004 that I came to appreciate post-metal/post-rock.

"Bleed" by Meshuggah







I love this song. It's just so heavy. The guitar riffs here has the power and relentlessness of a jackhammer. I bet if I put my speakers on full, this song will break all my walls.

I do hope this playlist is loud enough to attract metalhead bloggers out from the darkest corners of the internet.

Similar Posts:
The Playlist #6
The Playlist #5
The Playlist #4
The Playlist #3
The Playlist #2

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I MISS ROCK! Though not hardcore rock like *shivers* Mastodon--I haven't reached that part. So far.

Try Mute. Kaso Punk Rock siya. Their album The Raven is neat enough for them. :D Melodic! Or Protest the Hero's Kezia.

Skron said...

I've heard of Mute. I have one of their albums but not The Raven. They're punk although they display some metal chops from time to time.

But you surprise me. I didn't expect you listening to Protest The Hero. Kezia's not bad but I like Fortress much better.