1.22.2010

Tech Whore

Gadgets and other electronics are worthless investments. But I love them anyways. I even opened a separate savings account -my "E-coffer" as I call it- which I only use to quench my thirst for gadgets and techs.

Last year, there were a lot of doohickeys that I wanted to get for myself. But, due to unexpected events, I have to break my E-coffer and use the money for other things, like buying a new brake and four tires for my car. But I was still able to buy a 64 GB iPod Touch and Logitech PC Speaker System for myself. So it wasn't all that bad.

This year, however, since I'm planning to minimize gaming and only buy used books, I'm hoping that I'd be able to save enough money to afford most of the gadgets I want for 2010.

As for the gadgets, all I want for this year are these:

Headphones

My Ultimate Ears Super-fi. 3, when it comes to sound, still does its job. But it keeps falling off my ears all the time. It's also hard to stow because it gets so tangled up in my pockets. So I decided to try headphones this time. Because I don't think it falls off easily and you can just hang it on your neck when you're not listening to music. I don't know what I'm going to get. But it's definitely not going to be a Grado PS1000. My budget only falls on a Bose Triport.

iPod Dock Player

A portable dock player by Bose is what I really want to have. I heard a demo of it a couple months ago, and the sound coming out from it was just immaculate. It so small too and it even comes with a bag. With it, I can take my music anywhere and share it. Down in the basement when I rock the stationary bike, in the kitchen when I try to cook (emphasis on the try), or when drinking with my friends when I go home to the Philippines.

Graphics Card

My PC turns two this year. It can still handle the latest games with no hiccups -although not in the highest resolutions. So I'm planning to upgrade my hardware, one at a time, starting this year before my rig turns into a coughing hag under my nose. Since I don't really want to touch the motherboard (it's proprietary), I'm just going to skip that and start with the graphics card. Right now, I'm debating between a Radeon HD 5850 or a GeForce GTX 280.

Xbox 360

I'm no console gamer. But, originally, I wanted a Wii for entertaining guests and my godkids when they visit me at home. But now I want an Xbox 360. Because, not only the 360 have a huge library of games that I actually want to play (Brutal Legend and Tekken 6), it can now stream hundreds of movies and TV shows from Netflix. Since I happen to have a Netflix account, an Xbox 360 is a perfect console for entertaining gamer and non-gamer guests.

Well, these are the toys I want for this year. Although, except for the headphones, I'm not gonna start buying them until after summer. Because good deals are always found at the end of the year.

Similar Posts:
Early Christmas
fYou: Macs and Pods
E-Budget 2009
I Want An Archos 5
XPS 630

0 comments: