6.06.2008

Book Review: Once You're Lucky, Twice You're Good

Once You're Lucky, Twice You're Good
8.7 of 10
by Sarah Lacy






The Web 2.0, I use it the moment I wake up, from searching gaming news at Digg to reading user reviews of a local comic store at Yelp. Even as I write this short and humble review, I use it. That's why I picked up Once You're Lucky, Twice You're Good, a book about the rise of Web 2.0, hoping to learn more about the revolution that made the internet a very interesting place. A small part of the book, however, is riddled with business jargon that I could barely understand, making it a little bit dragging. Fortunately, the book contains enough interesting histories and struggles of Web 2.0 companies that outweighs the boring parts. But, to me, it was the awe-inspiring stories and fairy tale-like successes of the founders (who became millionaires during their 20's) that made the book a very good read.

0 comments: