2.01.2010

Charge!!!

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that I was a bit disappointed with some of the changes in Mass Effect 2. One of those changes was the removal of the Barrier skill from my beloved Vanguard's skill set. Barrier and shotgun were my bread and butter in the first Mass Effect. I'd just activate Barrier and wipe everything that moves in the room with my shotgun.

But after 20 hours of playing Mass Effect 2. I'd say you can keep your Barrier, I'll take the Charge skill instead. It's a lot more fun to use. To prove my point, here's a video of me charging and wiping a room full of mercs and mechs with my fists and shotgun.



It's just so awesome coming out from the charge animation. You can see your enemy flying in the air, and everything is in slow motion so you can have cheap shot on them with your fists or shotgun. I have to say that Mass Effect 2 got the best and most satisfying combat there is in gaming right now.

Anyways, that's enough blogging for now. I'm on hiatus until I finish this game...twice.

Similar Posts:
Boarding the Normandy
Mass Effect 1.5
Another Year, Another Checklist
2010, Please Entertain Me
Game Review: Mass Effect

2 comments:

gillboard said...

i'm only a soldier on my first run through. the next time i play i'll try being a vanguard... this seems cool!!!

mobias said...

kickin' some massive butt there..it does look sweet..can't wait to have time to try out the first one...heh i'll take your recommendation dude.