3.07.2010

The Playlist #12

My week was no different from the last. Except, instead of playing games or reading, I bought the complete season 2 and some season 3 episodes of Chuck from iTunes, and I've been watching it non-stop, trying to catch up on Monday's episode.

Anyways, here's this week's playlist.

"Tom Sawyer" by Rush







"Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer" is definitely my favorite episode of Chuck. Why? Well, in the episode, there's Missile Command, which is one of the most popular video games ever. Then there's Rush, which is one of my favorite bands. Lastly, we get to see Yvonne in her sexy Nerd Herd outfit.

"And The Hazy Sea" by Cymbals Eat Guitars







I bought this band's debut album, Why There Are Mountains, last year. But I didn't listen to it that much. Today, however, I managed to listen to the entire album while cleaning my room. Now I understand why a lot of my favorite critics listed this band in their "Top of 2009" lists. The album is really good.

"Pull Me Under" by Dream Theater







I heard one of our patient listening to this song a couple days ago. I couldn't get it off my mind ever since. So I bought Dream Theater's greatest hits. I'm not really a big fan of the band -even though, back in high school, I was surronded by DT fanboys. But I respect the skill of each member. They really are a bunch of talented musicians.

"Phantom Limb" by The Shins







I thought that I ripped all of my CDs into my iPod already. But when I searched a song by The Shins, I found out that I didn't have any of their albums on my player. I started looking for my CDs but couldn't find them anywhere in the house. I don't know where I kept them or did with them. So I was forced to buy the mp3s from Amazon, which is a bit of a bummer.

"Escape" by Brazil







Brazil came out during the early 00's and, I think, they tried to spearhead the return of 80's arena rock. Unfortunately, not a lot of people miss arena rock. So the band fell into obscurity and finally disbanded in 2007. Too bad they're gone now. Because I kinda liked them.

"Bug Eyes" by Dredg







Some of the people I know are raving over Dredg's new album, The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion. It's good, I agree. But it can't hold a candle against their 2005 album, Catch Without Arms. The album has just a lot of great heavy, melodic tracks, like "Bug Eyes", that I really dig.

"Creature Fear" by Bon Iver







Well, this isn't my favorite Bon Iver song. But this song was playing during Chuck and Sarah's intimate motel room scene, on the "Chuck Versus the Colonel" episode. That scene made me smile, and also a bit envious, as I kept saying: "Well done, Chuck." I wish I have my own Sarah Walker to protect me.

Well, that's it for this week.

Similar Posts:
The Playlist #11
The Playlist #10
The Playlist #9
The Playlist #8
The Playlist #7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like chuck. i didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing because my laptop was stolen. i look forward to downloading the eps again.

Lemon Writer said...

now that i have reformatted my laptop, it's time to look through your lists again.