12.08.2008

Fables TV Adaptation

Vertigo's Fables series will finally be brought to life, through the tube, by ABC TV network. Six Degrees writers, Stu Zicherman and Raven Metzner, will pen the script and Heroes director, David Semel, will direct the series.

DC Comics' "Fables" is heading to ABC.

The network has handed out a put pilot commitment to the fantasy project, based on the comic book created by Bill Willingham and published by DC's Vertigo imprint.


"Six Degrees" creators/executive producers Stu Zicherman and Raven Metzner are penning the script for the hourlong drama set at Warner Bros. TV.


David Semel has come on board to direct "Fables," which revolves around characters from fairy tales and folklore living in exile in modern-day New York.
- The Hollywood Reporter.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, Fables is about the characters from different fairy tales and folklore that was exiled from their homelands and had made its way to the mundane world, our world. In the series you'll see Snow White working side by side with the Big Bad Wolf, or Beauty and the Beast.

I'm looking forward to see this show. Fables is my favorite comic book title, and I don't think I could ever hate the series. So I hope this project gets done. I know NBC initially had the development of the series, back in 2005, and I don't know what happened to it. I also hope that the producers will stay loyal to the comics. Because I can't bear to see all those great characters murdered by inept writing and directing.

With that said, I'm subscribing to Cable TV again. Because I don't have one currently.

Similar Posts:
X-Men Films, Getting A Reboot?
Deadpool Vs. Wolverine
Batman's Next Top Villain
Avengers Assemble!

1 comments:

gillboard said...

that would be cool... I don't follow the comic books, but i have the trade for some of the stories, and I know it's good...

looking forward to this one..