9.19.2008

Deadpool Vs. Wolverine

The X-Men film franchise was an awesome comics-to-film adaptation (especially X2). But I just don't like spin-offs. That's why I've been shrugging off and deflecting all the news about the upcoming "Wolverine" movie. I like Wolverine, and I like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (except in The Last Stand). But, no. A Wolverine franchise milking spin-off, just no.


But a couple days ago, I stumbled upon a news that Deadpool (yes, Deadpool!), played by Ryan Reynolds, will be on the movie. So now, I'm interested because Deadpool, the Merc with a Mouth, is my favorite comic book character. Although I don't know what his role is exactly going to be. I'm hoping that he and Wolverine will have a chance to fight. Nonetheless, however, while it's good that Deadpool will finally get the mainstream recognition he deserves, I think a Cable & Deadpool movie would've been better.

Similar Posts:
Comics Bundle 9/10: What's "Oh $#@!" in Skrull-ese?
New Season, New Comics, New Pull List
Mighty Mugg Wolverine
Wolverine and the X-Men
Merry Christmas...from Deadpool

2 comments:

lucas said...

i agree with you on this. mas gusto si wolverine kung kasama niya yung mga ibang members ng X-men. i'd be bored if i watch him going solo! hehe! deadpool? never heard of him but coming a comic enthusiast, i think it might be a really cool watch.. who's cable???

Skron said...

Cable is the son of Cyclops and Madeline Pryor (a clone of Jean Grey). He's from the future and used to be the leader of the X-Force.