12.01.2008

First Impressions: Storm of Zehir

My party of four. An archer and a thief. A fighter and a priest.

I thought Fallout 3 had me pegged already, at least for a couple more weeks. But ever since I installed Storm of Zehir, the 2nd expansion of Neverwinter Nights 2, I had a hard time pulling myself away from this game. What I like about this D&D game is that it allows you to create a whole party, much like in Icewind Dale, instead of just one character. Secondly, gameplay here is different. Instead of fast traveling on the map, you're going to have to explore the whole world by foot. Exploring the map will bring about random encounters and hidden places. You can avoid hostile encounters by hiding, and you can only find hidden places if you have the appropriate skill. Hopefully, I'd get over this soon. I still need to finish a Fallout 3 review.

Similar Posts:
First Impressions: Fallout 3
First Impressions: Mass Effect
Let the games begin! (Extended Version)
First Impressions: Mask of the Betrayer
Game Review: Neverwinter Nights 2

0 comments: