1.29.2009

Q1 Book List

It's been a couple days since I've updated this blog. It's not that I'm busy, or I ran out of ideas to post. In fact, this week had been a breeze at work, and a couple of ideas popped in my noggin as well. The only reason for me not posting is laziness. All I've been doing in the past couple days was sleep, watch movies and, most importantly, read.

I've read as much as time allowed me this week. But despite the hundred pages I've consumed, I'm still not finished with 2666. The book is just too damn long (900 pages). I'm three-fourths done with the book, however. So, I think, I'll be done with it by next week. Wow, only a couple months in 2009 and I already have two 900-page book under my belt. That's quite an accomplishment for a busy person (busy with work and other hobbies) like me.

Anyways, with 2666 almost finished, I'll only have one more book (The Forever War) before I completely run out of reading materials. So, while I was doing my budget plan for February, I started looking for some interesting books to read. Here are the list of books that seems interesting to me:


  1. The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Kinds of Death - The story is about a former teacher who became a part of a crime scene clean up crew. I don't know if this has been done before but the book's description has a lot of grit and grime to it.
  2. The Next 100 Years - Here's an interesting book. Why? Because it forecasts the next 100 years using real data, not the Mayan Calendar or Nostradamus' The Prophecies.
  3. Daemon - Because as a computer gamer and a tech enthusiast (well, a little bit of it), I think, I should read this book.
  4. Columbine - My knowledge about what really happened in Columbine is next to nothing. That's why I'm getting this book, which is written by Dave Cullen, one of the leading journalist that covered the tragedy.
  5. Appetite for Self-Destruction - I love music but I don't like the corporate recording industry. So reading about their fall, due to small upstarts like Napster, should be a lot of fun.
  6. No Angel - I wanted to know the story of Jay Dobyns, an ATF undercover that infiltrated the Hell's Angels, ever since I saw his interview on CNN. So this book, with its real accounts on gang violence, is going to be chilling, yet interesting, read.
So these are the books that caught my eye. I won't be able to buy them though. Not until March, at least, because I'm still trying to recover from the damage that the Holidays inflicted on me. But I'll definitely try to read and finish all of these books by May.

Similar Posts:
The Presidential Reading Lists
Last Year's Leftovers
Top 8 Books of 2008
Fastest. Book. Delivery. Ever!

A Box of Paper Objects

1 comments:

gillboard said...

hay... tagal lumabas ng mga bagong libro dito...