1.24.2009

Wolverine and the X-Men Premiere

Wolverine and the X-Men premiered last night on Nick Toons. Although, I completely forgot about it (and even if I didn't, I had no way of watching the show because I don't have cable). Luckily, we have this thing called the internet, which allows people to digitize media and easily distribute it, so frugal workoholics like me (who are too busy with their work and too cheap to pay for cable) won't miss any episodes of their favorite TV shows.

I immediately searched for the first episode on the net and found it right away. But it seems that the show has been airing in Canada since September of last year. So instead of finding just one episode of the show, I ended up with the whole season. At first, I didn't want to download all the episodes. But, in the end, I capitulated to the temptation and watched all of season one, all afternoon long.



As for the show itself, it is highly entertaining. I enjoyed it even more than the X-Men: Evolutions. Mainly because of its dystopian-like setting, which reminds me a bit of the Days of the Future Past story arc, and partly because, even though it's a Wolverine-centric show, a lot of my favorite characters from the comics (Bishop, Psylocke and X-23) made an appearance. But the best appearance of all were by Wendigo (I love this guy...or big foot) and The Hulk, and all three of them (including Wolverine) got into a no holds barred, free for all melee.

All in all, I recommend watching this show. The stories are decently written and every episode is packed with action. The setting here is also a bit darker than X-Men: Evolution. But since its targeted audience are still kids, don't expect it to be one of those serious cartoons. So if you're looking for an in-depth adaptation of the X-Men comics into animation, or hoping that this is the successor of X-Men: The Animated Series, then look somewhere else.

Similar Posts:
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Full Episodes of X-Men: Evolution
Wonder Woman: The Animated Movie
Batman: Gotham Knight
Wolverine and the X-Men

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you think this compares to the original X-Men: The Animated Series?

lucas said...

I enjoy anything X-Men...but probably my fanaticism on it is nowhere near to your level. hehe!

gillboard said...

wow!!! the trailer looks awesome. I like me some Emma Frost!!! Hope this show comes to Philippine shores soon!!!