3.25.2009

Institutionalized

My sister asked me to accompany her to downtown Chicago, again. Like the last time, she needed to go to one of the museums for her art project. This time, however, instead of going to the Campus Museums, she decided to visit The Arts Institute of Chicago.

I've never been inside the Arts Institute of Chicago before. In fact, I tried to stay away from it because its high brow art seems intimidating to me. But my sister insisted (and I was also craving for some of Chicago's deep dish pizza). So I came with her. To my surprise, the place was actually a lot of fun and not that high brow as I thought it was.

Most of the displayed items inside were different types of artifacts from different cultures. Which was a relief to me because I thought that the place was filled with boring paintings. There were a lot of cool artifacts that came from all over the world, ranging from Japan to South America. My favorite would have to be the African sculptures because they were oddly unique. To me, they seemed like action figures -really priceless ones- from the olden days. That's probably why I enjoyed it a lot.

Anyways, you can check out the photos of my favorite artifacts from the museum here. I really enjoyed myself taking these pictures.

Similar Posts:
Chicagoing
The Latvian Blonde
Deviant Traditional Artist
Big Apple vs. Windy City

0 comments: